Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sex-tourism, and the girls it hurts, message to all the "RomanoV'S"
Scott
post May 4 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Member
Member No.: 169

This story is for all the “######-tourists” who may be reading posts or posting on this message board.

A couple weeks ago I was on an Air Moldova flight from Moldova to Frankfurt. In the seat next to me was a very cute sweet girl who was 25 years old, she could speak English and understand if I spoke slowly.

We had small talk at first, then she asked me what I was doing in Moldova. I explained to her that I met a girl on the internet, and traveled to meet her. She asked me if I cared for her, and if I would see her again. I told her that I cared very much for her, and that we were planning a future together, and that I already missed her.

She started crying. I asked her why she was crying, and she told me that she had also met a man from the internet, he came and stayed with her for two weeks, promising her the world, but it was all a lie, and when he left, that was the last she heard from him.

She quit the internet dating game, and signed up through an agency to work in USA as a live in nanny.

So to all you ###### tourists and assholes like RomanoV, I hope I get a chance to kick your ass for the crap you pull on these nice girls, and I hope that someday there is a law that puts your ass in jail for fraud / rape.

Thanks to those of you who spotted this #@$@#$$ RomanoV and got him kicked off this message board!

Cheers,
Scott
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eddie Barton
post May 5 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 16

Just want to say I totally agree with Scott.
I've come across examples of this sort of ###### tourism by the "Moldovan girls are easy" brigade.
For example my friend Zina told me about a Maltese man in his mid forties was pursuing a
16 year old girl in their apartment block.
When I was at Zina's flat in Chisinau, I was introduced to Helen, one of her pupils aged about 16.
This truly lovely young lady just smiled very warmly at me the whole time. Later she phoned Zina:
"when can I see Eddie?". She lives with a number of other young women who look after her.
She's dependent on them and has no security. Yeah, quite possibly she's "easy".
So here's my statement to these ###### tourists:
"When you're dying in years to come and someone suggests to you that you made a
valuable contribution to this world, think about all the lives you've spoiled."

Eddie

+Quote Post
dwight
post May 5 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #3

Group: Beginner
Member No.: 44

###### turism traffic goes both ways. This is a mater the media in the USA is silent on. Agencies and individuals in Moldova and other countries invite women to come to the US or other places but they don't reach their destinations. They are instructed to meet someone on the way and from then on they are ###### slaves. I don't have the figures before me at the moment but I can tell you it is big business.
Dwight

+Quote Post
Garaidh
post May 5 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 206

Well said Scott.

My other half is Moldovan and I am British. We both speak Russian and English (but choose to speak Russian at home) and are the same age. We are equals.

Its awful to think that some men are going over there just to use Moldovans for ######. I can't say I've seen this personally but I guess when I have been there, we haven't been the kind of places that I would witness it!

Like I said in a previous post, I was shocked in Thailand that this kind of thing was so prevalent - fat 60 year old men waddling down the street with 14 year old girls on their arm.

If you see this sort of thing in Moldova, and it's with an underage girl, you can report it. In the Uk and many other EU countries, even though the crime was committed abroad they can still prosecute. See below

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-li...ild-######-tourism

+Quote Post
Scott
post May 5 2008, 04:32 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dwight @ May 5 2008, 04:13 AM) *
###### turism traffic goes both ways. This is a mater the media in the USA is silent on. Agencies and individuals in Moldova and other countries invite women to come to the US or other places but they don't reach their destinations. They are instructed to meet someone on the way and from then on they are ###### slaves. I don't have the figures before me at the moment but I can tell you it is big business.
Dwight

Does anybody know what authorities to contact that would be dealing with human trafficking?

This girl told me that she had a USA sponsor; she was to work for one year as a live in nanny for a wage of $800 a month in a place called “Rolling Hills” Colorado.

She told me she was not supposed to tell anyone that she was going to USA to work because her visa was not the correct type to work.
She also told me that there were 3 other girls with her on this flight, all going to USA to be nannies, all from the same agency in Moldova. She thought she was lucky because $800 was a lot of money, and she was taking care of only one baby, the other girls were going to families who had more than one child. They all were traveling from Frankfurt to New York, spending 4 days in New York before flying to their final destination.

Now you have me worried, this poor girl was young and naïve. I hope the job was real.
(Even if it is illegal)

If there is some government agency that investigates this sort of thing, it would be easy to look at the airline travel documents from this day and determine her full name and visa sponsor, and maybe even discover who runs this “agency”.

If anyone knows a contact to report this to, either in USA or Moldova, please send me a private message with the details, I am traveling back to Moldova in 3 weeks.

With all the people who don’t like illegal aliens taking jobs, or the people who commit fraud to save money on a babysitter, this should be a wake up call. If there were 4 girls on my flight alone, traveling under fraudulent visas (usa sponsors) I have to wonder how many there are in a year?

Cheers,
Scott

+Quote Post
Possum
post May 5 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (dwight @ May 5 2008, 01:13 PM) *
Dwight

That is '###### trafficing'. Immoral and illegal. Moldova is well known to be a major supplier to the prostitution industry in western Europe and the U.S. Thousands upon thousands have gravitated into the industry, usually unwittingly. Most of the girls get trapped as you say - they take an offer for what they think is honorable employment, and get forced into sexual slavery. Often these women are not repatriated until they are worn out and diseased and their lives ruined.

###### tourism is when a person (usually a man, though increasing popular for women heading to the Caribbean or S.E. Asia) travels with the primary purpose of hunting ###### for hire (females, minors, little boys - whatever the flavor of perversion) Or, when someone (such as Scott mentions) lures a woman into thinking she has a future with a man, and uses for her for a week of ######.

The men who play that game hurts their innocent victims. They also hurt respectable people who want to find a reliable partner: good women become less likely to look on the internet, so they lose out, and with fewer women looking, honorable men have more difficulty finding someone.

There's plenty of 'scammer' sites, keeping lists of women who try to con men. Someone needs to start such a thing to record and publicize the men who use the women.

+Quote Post
David
post May 5 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

I have sent you a PM, Scott. I hope you got it - nothing is certain with my IT skills!! I have some idea but I am not an expert, so someone who is will post too, I hope.

A scammer site for these men would be a good idea. Dreadful people. Vultures. Sadly, it is also inevitable since the collapse of Moldova's economy attracts them to the desperation felt by many. As this forum becomes more widely read, then it too will inevitably be read by them in greater numbers. I wonder if I am unusual, in that my interest in Moldova is independent of anyone I have met - I studied it at school and have been fascinated by it ever since... (Not that I have a problem with dating a foreigner - I would not have been born if my father had not married one!!)

Though I think the British Government would probably prosecute someone if they could be proven to have had ###### with a child, the UK government's attitude to ###### trafficking is scandalously lax.

Though much vaunted, anti-trafficking and the raiding of massage parlours / brothels in the UK is largely centred on removal of illegal imigrants. The police mounted a campaign in a blaze of publicity - "opperation pentameter", supposedly to end this trade. What they didn't say was that all these raids were (and by law have to be) conducted in conjunction the immigration service. "Rescued" girls are then paraded before the TV cameras (imagine the horror of that) before being taken to "a place of safety". This is of course an IRC - immigration removals centre, such as Colnbrook (which takes women) next door to Heathrow airport, and although professionally run, an HM Prisons Service inspection found that the "secure" nature of this facility led to inmates belief they were in prison, which led to significant trauma to PTSD suffering victims. Average stay is less than 48 hours - so raid to landing back home is often less than 3 days.

Last week, British home office minister Vernon Coaker had to admit that of the 80+ women definately identified as ###### trafficking victims (many are too afraid to speak, and Britain's procedures mitigate against anything with will slow removal, much to police frustration) in Opperation Pentameter, that "some had gone missing" after they had been deported to their home country. When pressed, he had to admit it was most, maybe all of them - no one knew where they had ended up. He said he was sure they were being "professionally cared for". At one time the British Government believed women would actually traffick themselves to get UK citizenship. They seem to have pulled back from this position, at least publicly, but it still colours all their thinking. The public too is indifferent.

Very sad.

David

+Quote Post
Scott
post May 5 2008, 08:42 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (David @ May 5 2008, 11:22 AM) *
I have sent you a PM, Scott. I hope you got it - nothing is certain with my IT skills!! I have some idea but I am not an expert, so someone who is will post too, I hope.

A scammer site for these men would be a good idea. Dreadful people. Vultures. Sadly, it is also inevitable since the collapse of Moldova's economy attracts them to the desperation felt by many. As this forum becomes more widely read, then it too will inevitably be read by them in greater numbers. I wonder if I am unusual, in that my interest in Moldova is independent of anyone I have met - I studied it at school and have been fascinated by it ever since... (Not that I have a problem with dating a foreigner - I would not have been born if my father had not married one!!)

Though I think the British Government would probably prosecute someone if they could be proven to have had ###### with a child, the UK government's attitude to ###### trafficking is scandalously lax.

Though much vaunted, anti-trafficking and the raiding of massage parlours / brothels in the UK is largely centred on removal of illegal imigrants. The police mounted a campaign in a blaze of publicity - "opperation pentameter", supposedly to end this trade. What they didn't say was that all these raids were (and by law have to be) conducted in conjunction the immigration service. "Rescued" girls are then paraded before the TV cameras (imagine the horror of that) before being taken to "a place of safety". This is of course an IRC - immigration removals centre, such as Colnbrook (which takes women) next door to Heathrow airport, and although professionally run, an HM Prisons Service inspection found that the "secure" nature of this facility led to inmates belief they were in prison, which led to significant trauma to PTSD suffering victims. Average stay is less than 48 hours - so raid to landing back home is often less than 3 days.

Last week, British home office minister Vernon Coaker had to admit that of the 80+ women definately identified as ###### trafficking victims (many are too afraid to speak, and Britain's procedures mitigate against anything with will slow removal, much to police frustration) in Opperation Pentameter, that "some had gone missing" after they had been deported to their home country. When pressed, he had to admit it was most, maybe all of them - no one knew where they had ended up. He said he was sure they were being "professionally cared for". At one time the British Government believed women would actually traffick themselves to get UK citizenship. They seem to have pulled back from this position, at least publicly, but it still colours all their thinking. The public too is indifferent.

Very sad.

David

I wonder if a good (hungry) attorney could ID men bragging on a ######-tourism message board (of the RomanoV sort) and match this up with the women that have been scammed as a basis for a personal injury law suit filed in that man’s country on the girl's behalf? I’m not sure about the laws in Europe, but in USA this would make for a way for these girls to collect for damages.

Since most all the message board messages seem to exist forever, this could make for a lawsuit gold mine, especially if the girls could be encouraged to report these guys. I bet many would settle out of court!

Any hungry Moldavian attorneys reading this?

Thanks David for the information!! I made a report to National Human Trafficking Resource Center: 888-3737-888 The girl who took the report called me back with more questions, she was very interested in all details, and told me this is typical symptoms of how these girls are trafficked. I kick myself now for not asking more questions to the girl on my flight. But, with the flight number, my name and seat number we sat in, they will be able to find this girl’s full name, visa sponsor, and perhaps even learn which “agency” in Moldova recruited her.

For people who live and or travel to Moldova who might happen across this, ASK QUESTIONS and report it!

Cheers,
Scott

+Quote Post
Marisha
post May 6 2008, 01:54 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 10

I interpreted for an English journalist who was writting an article on ###### trafficking from Moldova and we've contacted some organisations in Moldova who are here to help.

IOM Moldova International Organisation of Migration are working on inlightment and prevention of trafficking and also has a Rehabilitation Center for trafficked people.

La Strada has a 24/7 hotline on human violence and trafficking and may provide further advise.

Centru de combatere a traficului de persoane is a subdivision of the Ministry of Internal Affairs that has an aim to fight the traffick of human beings from Moldova. Telephone in Chisinau 25-49-00

I've seen a lot of agencies in Chisinau that offer "WORK&TRAVEL IN USA" programms to students from Chisinau. I've even met a couple of guys who went to states on this program. They sounded very excited about this experience they had. Do you know the name of the agency that sent those girls to the USA? It's easy to find the egency in Chisinau and check if they have a licence and if they work legally.

+Quote Post
Scott
post May 6 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Marisha @ May 6 2008, 06:54 AM) *
I interpreted for an English journalist who was writting an article on ###### trafficking from Moldova and we've contacted some organisations in Moldova who are here to help.

IOM Moldova International Organisation of Migration are working on inlightment and prevention of trafficking and also has a Rehabilitation Center for trafficked people.

La Strada has a 24/7 hotline on human violence and trafficking and may provide further advise.

Centru de combatere a traficului de persoane is a subdivision of the Ministry of Internal Affairs that has an aim to fight the traffick of human beings from Moldova. Telephone in Chisinau 25-49-00

I've seen a lot of agencies in Chisinau that offer "WORK&TRAVEL IN USA" programms to students from Chisinau. I've even met a couple of guys who went to states on this program. They sounded very excited about this experience they had. Do you know the name of the agency that sent those girls to the USA? It's easy to find the egency in Chisinau and check if they have a licence and if they work legally.

Hi Marisha,

The signs you talk about were a big surprise to my son and I when we were in Chisinau for the first time. With the job market and economy in the USA having a hard time now it seemed strange to see these advertisements, I even took a picture of one with my son, I will post it.

The warning that this girl may be in trouble (which escaped me at the time) was the fact she was traveling to work using a fraudulent visa, and she was instructed and coached on what to say to customs and immigration, she was not supposed to tell anyone she was going to work.

If her agency was legitimate, I do not believe they would commit visa fraud as a means of getting work for Moldavian citizens. I sure wish I knew what agency it was, because I would report them to the authorities.

This girl and the other three girls with her (all seated on different parts of the plane) would be in big trouble if caught for this type of visa fraud, and most likely would be denied a visa in the future, especially to USA, so they took a big risk, lied at the embassy interview in Moldova, then had to lie to customs in Frankfurt and New York. This hardly seems like the work of a reputable agency.

This picture was taken in Chisinau in December:

Cheers,
Scott

+Quote Post
I_Rescue_U
post May 31 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 208

QUOTE (Scott @ May 5 2008, 11:32 AM) *
Does anybody know what authorities to contact that would be dealing with human trafficking?

This girl told me that she had a USA sponsor; she was to work for one year as a live in nanny for a wage of $800 a month in a place called “Rolling Hills” Colorado.

She told me she was not supposed to tell anyone that she was going to USA to work because her visa was not the correct type to work.
She also told me that there were 3 other girls with her on this flight, all going to USA to be nannies, all from the same agency in Moldova. She thought she was lucky because $800 was a lot of money, and she was taking care of only one baby, the other girls were going to families who had more than one child. They all were traveling from Frankfurt to New York, spending 4 days in New York before flying to their final destination.

Now you have me worried, this poor girl was young and naïve. I hope the job was real.
(Even if it is illegal)

If there is some government agency that investigates this sort of thing, it would be easy to look at the airline travel documents from this day and determine her full name and visa sponsor, and maybe even discover who runs this “agency”.

If anyone knows a contact to report this to, either in USA or Moldova, please send me a private message with the details, I am traveling back to Moldova in 3 weeks.

With all the people who don’t like illegal aliens taking jobs, or the people who commit fraud to save money on a babysitter, this should be a wake up call. If there were 4 girls on my flight alone, traveling under fraudulent visas (usa sponsors) I have to wonder how many there are in a year?

Cheers,
Scott

Scott- my guess is that something is very wrong with the situation you described. It is MORE valid to have a valid work/student visa than a tourist visa. especially from FSU countries. So it sounds like these girls are getting told a big story. Without full names and locations I doubt you could accomplish much. In my opinion $800 a month if room and board are included is pretty good....if the purpose is to better her English language skills. My guess is that she will not receive that much. We had a group of Russians in my city where they were basically slave labor on ice cream trucks of all things. They had them stacked like cord wood in a few apts. and charged rent that basically left them with no extra money. It was Soviet Ex pats at the head of this and my guess is its the same for this Moldovan scam. The thing that worries me most about this story is the girls are told to keep some secrets and lie about the Visa.... that should raise big red flags. If names and locations are available in Colorado I would think USCIS would be interested on the basis of Visa fraud.

+Quote Post
Marisha
post Jun 1 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 10

Hi Scott,

I'm afraid I can't add much on the subject. I never went through these programs of "Travel&Work in US" agencies, but according to my friends who are students these programs are quite popular among young people and many have been to US for cultural experience and to earn some money. And my guess is that the activity of most of the agencies is transparent and acceptable by the US embassy in Moldova. Otherwise, they would not open visas to these agencies so easily.

+Quote Post
Norse
post Jun 1 2008, 07:00 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 182

You can have a look at the US embassy web site for a list of banned agencies...there is more than one (IMG:http://www.englishmoldova.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And an overall 20% non-returnee rate proves that despite due messures it is still much too easy to get a visa. And the example of the two girls in this thread only proves this. One way to remedy this is to hire more people like the Romanian visa officer at the UK embassy. This "evil" woman probably would have seen right through these two girls and might actually have saved them from a potential scam.

+Quote Post
Guest_Daniel_*
post Oct 24 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #14

Guests

SAVED FROM THE SLAVE TRADE IN MOLDOVA
Deutsche Welle (Germany)
Oct. 18, 2008

There were over 2,000 registered human trafficking victims last year alone in Moldova.
> The women are sent abroad to be prostitutes
> The men are forced into slave-like wage labor
> Children have to become beggars.

He's heard the remarks that you never know what you're getting into when you go abroad, nods Viorel Gorceag as he loses the calm that he normally emanates. "What do you think?" he asks.

"Do you think any of those that went abroad ever dreamt they'd be assaulted 70 times a day, be sold for a dollar per minute, beaten or forced to take drugs or give birth to a child only so that it could be sold later?"

"I could tell you stories," says Viorel Gorceag. "You would ask how something like that is possible." The young psychologist with large hands and dark eyes runs Moldova's only rehabilitation center for victims of human trafficking. He also took care of Maria. She was brought from Chisinau to Moscow to work on the market as a saleswoman.

But when she arrived in the capital, she was suddenly forced into street prostitution.

Beaten into prostitution

Rescued after three months by pure chance, she can now put her trust in the psychologist from the International Organization for Migration (IOM). Her pimps "beat her and locked her in a basement for three days without any food or water." When they let her out, she gave in and worked on the streets. "If I didn't want to go with a john, I would be beaten," the young woman explains.

Maria, whose name has been changed, is one of the more than 2,000 women that Gorceag and the IOM team were able to help between 2001 and 2006. The organization' rehabilitation center has been housed in a new building of a Chisinau clinic for a year and half now. There is a kitchen and dining room on the main floor and the women's and children's room are on the floor above. There are also offices and doctors' rooms, as well as a playroom and a fitness room.

Corrupt government officials involved?

In the beginning, the rehabilitation center was financed solely by the IOM. Since 2007, however, it has also been receiving support from the Moldovan government, which is also operating a reintegration program and diverse prevention measures. Despite these measures, there are accusations, for example, from the [U.S. Department of State] that corrupt government officials are also entangled in the human trafficking.

Ana Ravenco is the director of "La Strada," a help organization that has been operating an emergency hotline for victims of human trafficking since 2001. The organization also offers information that is intended to prevent human trafficking. According to Ravenco, in Moldova the lack of money paved the way for a booming modern slave trade.

Slave traders among acquaintances

"Many women decide to leave the country because of poverty, the lack of perspectives and due to other economic factors like the wide-spread domestic violence," explains Ravenco. "Women receive false job offers, which sadly come most of the time from people within their circle of friends or relatives – from people they trust."

Instead of doing housework for family acquaintances in Italy as promised, the girls – who are mostly between the ages of 19 and 29 – end up in a nightclub in Turkey where they are forced to work in the ###### trade. Since they can neither speak the language nor do they know a single person – plus most of the time their passport was taken from them – they are completely helpless.

Gaining perspective against the stigmatization

In order to offer long-term perspective to the victims of human trafficking in search of help and to protect them from a social stigmatization upon their return to Moldova, the rehabilitation center in Chisinau educates the women in the field of business. This starts by helping them with small loans. And it is successful. Only about five percent of the victims make their way back to their torturers, says project leader Victor Lutenco.

"Long-term reintegration programs are indispensable for the rehabilitation of human trafficking victims," he emphasizes. "These programs are conducted where the victims live, because otherwise this group of people would be exposed to a high risk of once again finding themselves in the hands of human traffickers."

Men and children also victims

The IMO and non-government organizations like "La Strada" have to be thanked for the fact that there are any numbers on human trafficking victims at all. As of now, there is no central database for human trafficking in the Republic of Moldova. Experts estimate that there have been several thousand Moldovan victims of human trafficking since the country gained independence from the former Soviet Republic. Women are just a part of the group affected.

Children are employed as beggars, human organs are sold and Moldovan men are forced into modern-day slavery on foreign construction sites, in warehouses and field work. Somewhere in between Western Europe and the Middle East. The men, says Viorel Gorceag, have the most problems admitting their exploitation. The ones who go back are often spoken about as having had no luck. "But we're not talking about luck here – we're talking about human trafficking."

+Quote Post
cess
post Oct 25 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Daniel @ Oct 24 2008, 08:25 AM) *
SAVED FROM THE SLAVE TRADE IN MOLDOVA
Deutsche Welle (Germany)
Oct. 18, 2008

There were over 2,000 registered human trafficking victims last year alone in Moldova.
> The women are sent abroad to be prostitutes
> The men are forced into slave-like wage labor
> Children have to become beggars.

He's heard the remarks that you never know what you're getting into when you go abroad, nods Viorel Gorceag as he loses the calm that he normally emanates. "What do you think?" he asks.

"Do you think any of those that went abroad ever dreamt they'd be assaulted 70 times a day, be sold for a dollar per minute, beaten or forced to take drugs or give birth to a child only so that it could be sold later?"

"I could tell you stories," says Viorel Gorceag. "You would ask how something like that is possible." The young psychologist with large hands and dark eyes runs Moldova's only rehabilitation center for victims of human trafficking. He also took care of Maria. She was brought from Chisinau to Moscow to work on the market as a saleswoman.

But when she arrived in the capital, she was suddenly forced into street prostitution.

Beaten into prostitution

Rescued after three months by pure chance, she can now put her trust in the psychologist from the International Organization for Migration (IOM). Her pimps "beat her and locked her in a basement for three days without any food or water." When they let her out, she gave in and worked on the streets. "If I didn't want to go with a john, I would be beaten," the young woman explains.

Maria, whose name has been changed, is one of the more than 2,000 women that Gorceag and the IOM team were able to help between 2001 and 2006. The organization' rehabilitation center has been housed in a new building of a Chisinau clinic for a year and half now. There is a kitchen and dining room on the main floor and the women's and children's room are on the floor above. There are also offices and doctors' rooms, as well as a playroom and a fitness room.

Corrupt government officials involved?

In the beginning, the rehabilitation center was financed solely by the IOM. Since 2007, however, it has also been receiving support from the Moldovan government, which is also operating a reintegration program and diverse prevention measures. Despite these measures, there are accusations, for example, from the [U.S. Department of State] that corrupt government officials are also entangled in the human trafficking.

Ana Ravenco is the director of "La Strada," a help organization that has been operating an emergency hotline for victims of human trafficking since 2001. The organization also offers information that is intended to prevent human trafficking. According to Ravenco, in Moldova the lack of money paved the way for a booming modern slave trade.

Slave traders among acquaintances

"Many women decide to leave the country because of poverty, the lack of perspectives and due to other economic factors like the wide-spread domestic violence," explains Ravenco. "Women receive false job offers, which sadly come most of the time from people within their circle of friends or relatives – from people they trust."

Instead of doing housework for family acquaintances in Italy as promised, the girls – who are mostly between the ages of 19 and 29 – end up in a nightclub in Turkey where they are forced to work in the ###### trade. Since they can neither speak the language nor do they know a single person – plus most of the time their passport was taken from them – they are completely helpless.

Gaining perspective against the stigmatization

In order to offer long-term perspective to the victims of human trafficking in search of help and to protect them from a social stigmatization upon their return to Moldova, the rehabilitation center in Chisinau educates the women in the field of business. This starts by helping them with small loans. And it is successful. Only about five percent of the victims make their way back to their torturers, says project leader Victor Lutenco.

"Long-term reintegration programs are indispensable for the rehabilitation of human trafficking victims," he emphasizes. "These programs are conducted where the victims live, because otherwise this group of people would be exposed to a high risk of once again finding themselves in the hands of human traffickers."

Men and children also victims

The IMO and non-government organizations like "La Strada" have to be thanked for the fact that there are any numbers on human trafficking victims at all. As of now, there is no central database for human trafficking in the Republic of Moldova. Experts estimate that there have been several thousand Moldovan victims of human trafficking since the country gained independence from the former Soviet Republic. Women are just a part of the group affected.

Children are employed as beggars, human organs are sold and Moldovan men are forced into modern-day slavery on foreign construction sites, in warehouses and field work. Somewhere in between Western Europe and the Middle East. The men, says Viorel Gorceag, have the most problems admitting their exploitation. The ones who go back are often spoken about as having had no luck. "But we're not talking about luck here – we're talking about human trafficking."

It is all most unbelievable how humans can do this to other humans and sleep.

+Quote Post
Blade Runner
post Oct 25 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 316

Cess,

They ARE NOT HUMAN themseves.... to try and understand how a person can do this to another is an exercise in madness. I personally would make sure they never saw another day outside of hell again!!!

+Quote Post
David
post Oct 25 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

It makes me angry and sad what some people will do to other people for money. It makes me angry and sad that most countries do nothing to stop them. Holiday countries - Turkey, Greece, Dubai, Portugal, Israel do nothing because a ready supply of ###### is good for Tourists and a good earner for the police. Major Western democracies such as Britain do next to nothing because to do something costs money. Germany, Netherlands, even Brussells itself are no better. The USA looks the other way in the Balkans because it is politically advantageous for it to do so. Clinics openly trading in illegal organ donations are a major problem in Turkey and Israel. Having money gives you no right over another's body.
So sad. The horror of it. I can't imagine the horror of it.

David.

+Quote Post
fedorico
post Jan 21 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 140

Ive been reading a lot here about kex tourism and the like . I have been to Moldova with sole intention of enjoying the country . I have . Im an older man and i would love to meet much younger woman for Marriage . 25 to 40 i am 51

My own mother Married a man over 20 years older than she . They remained Married for nearly 50 years .

Please do not have witch Hunt here(unless proven) not all older men are kex fanatics . Some of the traffickers are probably younger charming guys who use money and promises to lure these unfortunate girls.

I do however agree everyone who traffics should be punished ,Personally the death Penalty for severe cases is most appropriate.

Remember Moldovan women are beautiful caring people who have had unbelievable changes in their country they are saddled to some really violent Men who are unscrupulous , Greedy , rude,ill mannered and unpleasant they want all the western toys fast cars and luxury apartments they want it yesterday.. Luckily this applies to a few men here not all . But the greed of these few men is what drives some girls Especially the really young Beautiful ones straight into the arms of traffickers!

Perhaps women see an opening a chance of travel a chance to help their parents to get a better life for themselves and to meet rich husband who will give them home and nice surroundings away from poverty and squalor.

Is this so bad to want . But it does carry enormous risks as there are some predatory people out there !!

Ive met quite a lot of women, and dated a few from agencies, some good ,some bad. I've met girls to chat to on the street
I quite often hang around the malls trying to say hello to an attractive woman or meet them in a club or park some will speak some will say go away you Foreigner . Here below is why some say go away !!

Have seen met and witnessed some really shocking people who i am ashamed to say come from the west . They Pretend not to be married,They pretend to have business, they pretend to like girl when all they want is kex , they pretend thay work for big company that can help them ETC ETC

Yet i have witnessed some really nice people here and seen some nice acts of friendship and love .

Moral here Traffickers should be obvious to each kex here always take a chaperone to see a guy i would prefer if it were older brother, do not reply to adds for any kind of entertainment or dancing club . Keep away from Modelling Contracts (as a photographer myself and my father i know this trade very very well) Unless well checked by family member once again with chapperone. Never ever go with anyone in taxi unless with a friend Especially foreigner!!

Hope this is a help LOL

+Quote Post
Jochen
post Jan 21 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

From: There is no life outside of Bavaria! And if there is life, its no life!
Member No.: 49

Fedorico,

it seems you are a real expert for the redlight scene in Moldova.

Your posting shows that you write about your first hand experience.

Thanx for your very informativ statement.

Have fun with working girls in the future.

J.

+Quote Post
jacob
post Mar 22 2009, 04:09 PM
Post #20

Group: Beginner
Member No.: 337

QUOTE (fedorico @ Jan 21 2009, 12:13 PM) *

Ive met quite a lot of women, and dated a few from agencies, some good ,some bad. I've met girls to chat to on the street
I quite often hang around the malls trying to say hello to an attractive woman or meet them in a club or park some will speak some will say go away you Foreigner . Here below is why some say go away !!

Have seen met and witnessed some really shocking people who i am ashamed to say come from the west . They Pretend not to be married,They pretend to have business, they pretend to like girl when all they want is kex , they pretend thay work for big company that can help them ETC ETC

Yet i have witnessed some really nice people here and seen some nice acts of friendship and love .

Fedorico,

I very munch agree with you. I also very munch dislike when some western men in Moldova promise all to the Moldova girl, doing the minimum and get "some fun" and after "the fun" they never keep the promises. (I am also a western man).

I have in the last 10 years been many times in Moldova, and western men coming to Moldova looking after a girlfriend or a wife shall be very carefully. Unfortunately
have some young women in Chisinau learn a lot of these shocking western men so some of the young Moldova women have simply begin to behave like golddigger that only want western men money.

Are you still coming to Moldova?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 11:01 PM