Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Returning To Tiraspol
david1138
post Mar 3 2011, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Beginner
Member No.: 1,700

3 weeks ago I returned from my first visit to Moldova and 3 weeks from now I will be returning back! Last time I got engaged and I'm really looking forward to going back. She's from Tiraspol and we spent 10 days there. I had an amazing time. While some of the negative things I read and heard were true, overall the experience was amazing and the people were too. We're hard at work on getting her visa, but since we have a few months before all that is taken care of a return trip seemed like a nice idea.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JBly
post Mar 10 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 261

QUOTE (david1138 @ Mar 3 2011, 10:34 AM) *
3 weeks ago I returned from my first visit to Moldova and 3 weeks from now I will be returning back! Last time I got engaged and I'm really looking forward to going back. She's from Tiraspol and we spent 10 days there. I had an amazing time. While some of the negative things I read and heard were true, overall the experience was amazing and the people were too. We're hard at work on getting her visa, but since we have a few months before all that is taken care of a return trip seemed like a nice idea.

I am curious to hear if you had any issues traveling to Tiraspol, assuming that you are American and Tiraspol is Communist controlled. My wife lived in Bender and we never visited there, always went to Chisnau. I would like to go back and visit soon and hope that I would not run into any roadblocks.

+Quote Post
david1138
post Mar 18 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,700

QUOTE (JBly @ Mar 10 2011, 12:50 PM) *
I am curious to hear if you had any issues traveling to Tiraspol, assuming that you are American and Tiraspol is Communist controlled. My wife lived in Bender and we never visited there, always went to Chisnau. I would like to go back and visit soon and hope that I would not run into any roadblocks.

I really did not run into issues, although it helped that any time I crossed the border I was with my fiancée or a member of her family all of whom live in Tiraspol. The border guards certainly looked at me much more closely than anyone else, but I was never hassled or anything like that. The one problem we did run into was when we were trying to get from Tiraspol to Chisinau and my registration had two different colors of ink on it. They refused to let me cross the border and were looking for a bride, my fiancée refused on principal and the next got we got the registration fixed. I actually had much more of an issue crossing the Ukraine border on a day visit to Odessa. They took me into a room and questioned me on video about who I was and why I was coming to Ukraine. I guess I understood why they did it, but it was much more of a problem than anything that happened in Transnisitria.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 11:26 PM